Sunday, January 25, 2015

A Day of Firsts -- Crochet Boot Cuffs

A Day of Firsts -- Crochet Boot Cuffs

In which I finally am able to connect the two ends and finish Boot Cuff #1 & #2

I found these cute crochet boot cuffs on Pinterest (I love Pinterest) and decided to try them out. The blog post (by seven-alive) was very easy to understand and it only took a couple hours to complete each cuff. The hardest part of the pattern for me to do was actually Row 8, the wave/scallions/seashell design thingy that goes around the top. I'm pretty sure I had to redo Cuff #1 at least 3 times before I finally got something that looked a little like the pictures. After all of this, I realized that I needed a yarn needle to whip stitch (this is also my first time doing one of those!) the two ends together and finish my project.
Luckily, Dad got one with the loom kit he got this past Christmas (so far, he has made a single scarf and I promised I would post a picture, so that will be at the bottom of this post), so I was able to use his instead of having to go out and buy one.
As for the boot cuffs, I don't have any pictures of the WIP (Work in Progress), but the finished product looks like this:



Not too bad for a noob! :) Just slide them over your jeans and let them peak out of the tops of your boots for a little extra warmness during the last leg of the winter months!

--

And now for Dad's scarf (he's so proud ^.^):




Super cute, right? Right! ;) He used a loom to knit it and the 7' cotton candy pink scarf took about 5 - 6 hours to complete.

--


That's all for today, thanks for reading!

~ Kimiko of Andromeda Crafts

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job on your boot cuffs! Thanks for linking back to the pattern on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete